Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2013/08/09 16:32:41 UTC

[REMINDER] Keep Jira and CHANGES updated properly

Hi all,

gentle reminder: Please keep the Jira tickets and the CHANGES file update properly. This includes:

1) Mark the fix version of the Jira ticket. This is very important, and it should match for which version this fix is going in (currently, that is v3.5.0).

2) Make sure all other fields in Jira are correct (component, bug vs enchantment etc.).

3) Crucial: Always (I mean, *always*) update the CHANGES file with the bug fixes.

4) Make sure to resolve the Jira tickets when done.

We've been very sloppy on this as of lately, and it puts an unreasonable amount of work and responsibility on the release managers.

Thanks,

-- Leif

Re: [REMINDER] Keep Jira and CHANGES updated properly

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On Aug 9, 2013, at 11:00 PM, Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think git log is the best CHANGES info for us.
>
> How about developing a git hook which can pick git log into CHANGES file
> automatically? This hook should be triggered when we merge patch, it would
> be a handy script to save our time.

Difficult, because one bug can have many commits, but you want only one summarizing line in CHANGES.

-- Leif

Posted by Yunkai Zhang <yu...@gmail.com>.

--
Yunkai Zhang