Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by lunapolar <cr...@hotmail.com> on 2008/05/27 16:26:59 UTC

problem with xindicebrowser alexander schatten

Hello!!

I'm using xindice for my final proyect. I've run addressbook using the
command line tool and also using netbeans and all go great.

But now I've think of using xindicebrowser to manage xindice.

I got it from Alexander Shatten's personal page (binary version), I unpacked
it, I run xindice and... when I tried to run xindicebrowser It didn`t
work.....

The error message is this:
ERROR [main getCollectionNames] access. XCollections Getting Collection
failed!
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDException: A connection to the database instance 'db'
could not be created. Error: Connection Refused: connect

Could anybody help me please?
PD: I'm using windows

Re: problem with xindicebrowser alexander schatten

Posted by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi>.
Xindice is usually deployed as a webapp and requires a servlet engine to
run. If you use tomcat as your servlet engine, you would need to use:

xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/

With jetty, you would use xmldb:xindice://localhost:8888/

(localhost could also another name, that is the name of your server that
runs the servlet engine. Beware that firewalls may reject connection
attempts on the given ports.)

 > lunapolar wrote:
> I've read the config.xml archive and I think the URL is correct:
>

> <!--  Xindice related parameters (driver, root collection, ...)
>   -->
> - <xsetup>
>   <driver>org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl</driver>
> - <!--  <driver>org.dbxml.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl</driver>
>   -->
>   <connectionstring>xmldb:xindice://</connectionstring>
>   <rootcollection>/db</rootcollection>
>   </xsetup>
>   </XINDICE_BROWSER>
>
> The URL would be xmldb:xindice:///db
>
> What I cannot find is the port.
>
> Regards,
> Cristina.
>

> Natalia Shilenkova wrote:
>> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:26 AM, lunapolar <cr...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hello!!
>>>
>>> I'm using xindice for my final proyect. I've run addressbook using the
>>> command line tool and also using netbeans and all go great.
>>>
>>> But now I've think of using xindicebrowser to manage xindice.
>>>
>>> I got it from Alexander Shatten's personal page (binary version), I
>>> unpacked
>>> it, I run xindice and... when I tried to run xindicebrowser It didn`t
>>> work.....
>>>
>>> The error message is this:
>>> ERROR [main getCollectionNames] access. XCollections Getting Collection
>>> failed!
>>> org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDException: A connection to the database instance
>>> 'db'
>>> could not be created. Error: Connection Refused: connect
>> I have no knowledge of this Xindice browser, but the problem could be
>> caused by incorrect database URL in the browser's configuration file.
>> According to the documentation it is config.xml file in the main
>> directory of the browser.
>>
>> Can you check if you have correct URL (including site name and port
>> number) as "connectionstring" parameter?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Natalia
>>
>>> Could anybody help me please?
>>> PD: I'm using windows
>>> --

Andre H. Juffer              | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi
The Biocenter and            | WWW: www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
University of Oulu, Finland  | Phone: +358-8-553 1161

Re: problem with xindicebrowser alexander schatten

Posted by lunapolar <cr...@hotmail.com>.
It's a good idea, I will try to use xindice 1.2-dev, I didn't realise about
de updates of xindicebrowser.

Regards,
Cristina.

Posted by Natalia Shilenkova <ns...@gmail.com>.