Posted to dev@kyuubi.apache.org by LuNing Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/19 08:44:35 UTC

[DISCUSS] Introduce Iceberg management REST API into Kyuubi

Hi Kyuubi community,

  Since the iceberg has some spark procedures
<https://iceberg.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-procedures/#spark-procedures>[1]
to manage the iceberg table and KPIP-1
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/discussions/917>[2] has
introduced REST API into the Kyuubi. So we can add some iceberg management
REST API into Kyuubi. If so, users can only use REST API to manage the
iceberg table via Kyuubi, and some users also can config iceberg management
jobs in their big-data web platform via this REST API.

Preliminary draft of the scheme:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/discussions/3258

A simple demo:

https://github.com/deadwind4/incubator-kyuubi/tree/iceberg_rewrite

best regards,

Luning Wang

[1]:
https://iceberg.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-procedures/#spark-procedures

[2]: https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/discussions/917

Re: [DISCUSS] Introduce Iceberg management REST API into Kyuubi

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org>.
thanks LuNing~

Posted by LuNing Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org>.