Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2005/03/17 09:01:05 UTC

[IMP] Releasing 2.1.7 on Tuesday

Hi,

due to the infraton over the weekend where svn etc. will not be
available for some time, I'm planning to delay the release of 2.1.7 for
one day and release on tuesday instead of monday.
So we have the whole monday to do final work - if required.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: [IMP] Releasing 2.1.7 on Tuesday

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 17 mars 05, à 23:18, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
>
>> ...Who did some extensive tests on the candidate release?
>

> I did run the automated tests (both junit and anteater) successfully on
> macosx / JDK 1.4.2, all successful (except the flowscript-reload test
> which sometimes passes and sometimes fails on macosx, I've seen this
> before but haven't investigated deeper).

While developing with a 3 weeks old SVN version, I noticed similar problems with
flowscript reload. I'm working with win2k and jdk 1.4.2. I don't have
investigated this deeper either.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: [IMP] Releasing 2.1.7 on Tuesday

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 17 mars 05, à 23:18, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
> ...Who did some extensive tests on the candidate release?

I did run the automated tests (both junit and anteater) successfully on
macosx / JDK 1.4.2, all successful (except the flowscript-reload test
which sometimes passes and sometimes fails on macosx, I've seen this
before but haven't investigated deeper).

I also checked the samples of some blocks: fop, jfor, slop, itext,
forms, tour, chaperon, profiler, in the same environment.

-Bertrand

Re: [IMP] Releasing 2.1.7 on Tuesday

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
<snip/>

> The process is fine (code freeze / test / release), the only point is
> that we need to know that testing has actually occured!
>
> I was away during the last few days, and will shake the baby today and
> this week-end :-)

Have done some testing (on a Linux machine with jdk 1.4.2_03).

The tests works except for
org/apache/cocoon/transformation/I18NTransformerTestCase.xtest which
reports that it passes but deliver a number of NPEs depending on that it
doen't find
resource://org/apache/cocoon/transformation/i18n-messages_sv.xml
resource://org/apache/cocoon/transformation/i18n-messages_sv_SE.xml
using locale: sv_SE
Obviously I should provide a Swedish translation ;)

Haven't tried the anteater tests.

Clecked through the main samples and samples for (authentication-fw,
asciiart, batik, bsf, chaperon, fop, forms, html, itext, ifor,
linkrewriter, lucene, poi, profiler, session-fw, stx, velocity, xmldb,
xsp (except phyton) and have found the following problems:

* samples/blocks/bsf/generator/helloGroovyMarkup.gy - gives a NPE.
* samples/blocks/html/googlenews - gets a 403 (Forbidden) at
http://news.google.com/news?ned=us&topic=t
* samples/blocks/lucene/findIt2?queryString=cocoon - gave
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: IOException in search:
java.io.IOException: /tmp/Jetty__8888__/cocoon-files/index2 not a directory
* samples/blocks/xmldb/browse/ - for
build/webapp/samples/blocks/xmldb/xmldb2samples.xsl I get
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: ElemTemplateElement-fel: head
line 89.
* samples/blocks/xsp/soap/temperature - Exception from service object:
Connection refused
* samples/blocks/forms/form2simpleXML.flow -
resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js", line 203,
Cannot set value of field "data.drinks" with an object of type
java.lang.String
* samples/blocks/forms/v2/example -  Validation rule "value-count"
cannot be used with strings, error at
file:build/webapp/samples/blocks/forms/v2/form1.xml:115:38

Also I tested it on some  real  applications without any problems.

/Daniel

Re: [IMP] Releasing 2.1.7 on Tuesday

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Who did some extensive tests on the candidate release?
>>
>>So far, nobody provided some feedback on either successful or
>>unsuccessful testing and IMO we should not make a release unless we have
>>a reasonable number of positive tests being reported.
>>

>Don't we all test? Isn't no negative news good news? :)

Hmm... yes, often no news is good news, but in that particular case, no
news may also mean nobody tested. And that's the concern I am voicing.

>As always, I will start a quick vote on monday, if we want to release
>the current svn. And if someone is against it, we will not release. It's
>that simple. So in fact, the vote can be compared with positive/negative
>tests. But if you have any suggestions to improve the process, feel free
>to do what you think is right.

The process is fine (code freeze / test / release), the only point is
that we need to know that testing has actually occured!

I was away during the last few days, and will shake the baby today and
this week-end :-)

Sylvain

Re: [IMP] Releasing 2.1.7 on Tuesday

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.