Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Ran Silberman <ra...@fortscale.com> on 2015/12/22 12:44:17 UTC

Tool to migrate LevelDB files to RocksDB files

Hello,
In Fortscale we use Samza 0.7 and want to migrate to 0.9.1

We want to move our KV DB from LevelDB to RocksDB.

Is there a simple utility to run a migration at our customers installation
without losing the data in the database?

Thank you,
Ran

Re: Tool to migrate LevelDB files to RocksDB files

Posted by Yi Pan <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Ran,

Is your KV DB a LoggedStore? If yes, that migration should be an easy one
via a simple configure change, since when the re-cover procedure in init()
will recover the whole DB from changelog to local RocksDB instance, instead
of LevelDB instance. Otherwise, you may need to look for tools to migrate
LevelDB database files to RocksDB database files, while is currently
outside the scope of Samza tools support.

Best,

-Yi