Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Suzanne Dirkers <di...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/02/13 15:29:41 UTC

mvs-uss

Folks,

          After some pain, I have gotten xalan-c to compile somewhat on zOS
but I am running into the following error and I don't know what the
consequences of setting a define flag of XALAN_OLD_STREAM_HEADERS will
ultimately mean here. The error is this one:

++ -DNO_NATIVE_BOOL -DXALAN_USE_ICU  -O -DNDEBUG      -Wc,dll
-W0,"langlvl(exte
nded),float(ieee),targ(osv2r8)" -DOS390 -D_OPEN_THREADS
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
  -I/u/suzanne/stlport/stlport  -c -I. -I/u/suzanne/xerces/src/
-I/u/suzanne/xer
ces/include/xercesc -I/u/suzanne/xerces/include/  -o
/u/suzanne/xalan/c/obj/StdB
inInputStream.o PlatformSupport/StdBinInputStream.cpp
"./PlatformSupport/StdBinInputStream.cpp", line 145.19: CBC1079(S)
"readsome" is
 not a member of "istream".
CBC1793(I) Compilation failed for file
./PlatformSupport/StdBinInputStream.cpp.
 Object file not created.
FSUM3065 The COMPILE step ended with return code 12.
FSUM3017 Could not compile PlatformSupport/StdBinInputStream.cpp. Correct
the er
rors and try again.

     I looked in StdBinInputStream.cpp and this 'readsome' is used as a
method only if XALAN_OLD_STREAM_HEADERS is not defined. My question is:
what does this mean and should it be?   Or is this expecting some level of
headers that I don't have? I have been told one should use STLport 4.0 for
zOS, not STLport 4.5.3.

Thanks,

Suzanne

Re: mvs-uss

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Hi Suzanne,

It's no problem to define that -- you probably need to, since the zOS
IOStreams library is pretty old, and the STLport is simply wrapping the
compiler's implementation.

The latest sources have a better way of configuring the IOStreams library,
so this #define is no longer needed.

Dave

                      Suzanne Dirkers
                      <dirkers@us.ibm.         To:      xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                      com>                     cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                               Subject: mvs-uss
                      02/13/2003 06:29
                      AM
                      Please respond