Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by John Eaton <jo...@lagan.com> on 2008/09/17 10:12:14 UTC

Installation problem with jackrabbit webapp and oc4j

When I try to deploy jackrabbit-webapp-1.4.war using Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.1)

I get the following exception when I try to browse the repository using the following link
http://localhost:8888/jackrabbit-webapp-1.4/repository/default/

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.jcr.JcrDavException.<init>(JcrDavException.java:111)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.simple.DavSessionProviderImpl.attachSession(DavSessionProviderImpl.java:99)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.service(AbstractWebdavServlet.java:182)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
        at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.invoke(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:713)
        at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.ServletRequestDispatcher.forwardInternal(ServletRequestDispatcher.java:370)
        at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.HttpRequestHandler.doProcessRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:871)
        at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.HttpRequestHandler.processRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:453)
        at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.HttpRequestHandler.serveOneRequest(HttpRequestHandler.java:221)
        at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:122)
        at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].server.http.HttpRequestHandler.run(HttpRequestHandler.java:111)
        at oracle.oc4j.network.ServerSocketReadHandler$SafeRunnable.run(ServerSocketReadHandler.java:260)
        at com.evermind[Oracle Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.3.3.0) ].util.ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor$MyWorker.run(ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor.java:303)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Are there any oc4j configuration settings that I set up to deploy this war file?

I also noticed that the 2 cluster tables were not created (the other 8 tables were created).

As a side issue the welcome.jsp failed to compile as it did not recognise the log symbol at line 27.
I just commented this line out for now.
Are there any other jars that I need to add to the class path for oc4j?

Thanks

John Eaton
Senior Software Engineer

O: +44 (0) 28 9078 8335
F:  +44 (0) 28 9078 8339
E:  john_eaton@lagan.com

Lagan
209 Airport Road West
Belfast, BT3 9EZ
Northern Ireland

www.lagan.com<http://www.lagan.com>
"Connecting Governments and People"

  ________________________________
The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error.

The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect the views and opinions of any member of Lagan Technologies Limited, or any of its subsidiaries.

Lagan Technologies Limited is a company registered in Northern Ireland with registration number NI 28773. The registered office of Lagan Technologies Limited is 209 Airport Road West, Belfast, Co. Antrim, BT3 9EZ.

Re: Installation problem with jackrabbit webapp and oc4j

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 1:53 PM, John Eaton <jo...@lagan.com> wrote:
> I don't think it is a credentials issue as the same repository.xml file deploys on Tomcat ok.

Can you try it with a version from Jackrabbit trunk? It may not fix
the issue entirely, but at least it'll give a more accurate error
message instead of the NPE you're seeing now.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

RE: Installation problem with jackrabbit webapp and oc4j

Posted by John Eaton <jo...@lagan.com>.
I don't think it is a credentials issue as the same repository.xml file deploys on Tomcat ok.

> I get the following exception when I try to browse the repository
> using the following link
> http://localhost:8888/jackrabbit-webapp-1.4/repository/default/
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.jcr.JcrDavException.<init>(JcrDavExceptio
> n.java:111)

The NullPointerException here is caused by issue JCR-1678 [1] that's already fixed in Jackrabbit trunk.

However, the NPE hides some other problem. It looks like the webapp is unable to acquire a repository session. This could either be caused by the repository not being available or by some other issue in logging in to the repository. It could be something as simple as incorrect credentials.

> As a side issue the welcome.jsp failed to compile as it did not
> recognise the log symbol at line 27. I just commented this line out for now.

The log method in question is expected to come from the GeneralServlet base class, but apparently in oc4j the JspPage implementation class does not inherit from GeneralServlet. We probably shouldn't make such expectations in Jackrabbit. Can you please file a bug report about this?

> Are there any other jars that I need to add to the class path for oc4j?

Adding the jcr-1.0.jar should be sufficient.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,