Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Matthias Neubert <su...@onlinehome.de> on 2009/06/22 21:50:57 UTC

Android + Felix 1.80 = Problems

Hello,

I really hope to find some help in this mailing-group,

I want to ask you, if anyone know a good *working* sample or tutorial
getting the following combination to work:

Felix 1.8.0 or greater snapshot

(optional iPojo 1.2.0 or greater snapshot)

Android 1.5r2

Eclipse 3.4 (with Android Plugin installed)

=> Why this versions are important?

1. since Android 1.5 classloading problem should be gone, because the
unofficial class is now official

2. in current Felix snapshot Mr. Clement Escoffier fixed Felix, so it
uses the now official class. (I am very happy about this)

The Tutorials I do know:

http://ipojo-dark-side.blogspot.com/search/label/android

-> Problem: outdated (felix older than 1.4 and Android 1.0/1.1)

I tried to patch the code in order to make it work with felix
1.8.0/1.9.0snap on Android 1.5, but I failed.

The best I got, was it started, but showed black screen. Its now not
starting anymore, but I'm working on that.
(Eclipse /Android Plugin -> automatic dex fails when fileinstall.jar
and ipojo.jar added to buildpath as libarys, manual dexing with dx
tool works without error)

the other tutorial I know:

https://opensource.luminis.net/wiki/display/SITE/Apache+Felix+on+Androids

-> Problem: although it is more up-to-date (felix >= 1.4, but Android
1.0r2)  it doesent work in Eclipse

there are Ant build.xml files but they only dexing the jars. -> But
Jars can't be made (with Eclipse) because Manifest.mf files have
Imports that Eclipse doesn't understand.
-> the iPojo Tutorial was able to do a similar job without this. I'm
confused about this problem. If someone can explain this, this would
be fine.

Finaly: I need another just working tutorial  OR  good advices how to
solve problems with one of the existing two.

If we can figure this out, i'll promise to publish an good small
working tutorial, which especially deals with the mentioned problems,
people temporarily are confronted with when
trieng to get the combintation Android+Felix to work.

thanks
Matthias