Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by jagan <Ja...@infotech.monash.edu.au> on 2006/03/01 02:30:42 UTC

Re: Request for information ....

Hi,

I am having a WSDL for a service with specified end point say
"http://dione.csse.monash.edu.au:8080/gns-jaxrpc/gns".

I have created server side java files by using axis  class

 java -cp $AXISCLASSPATH org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -p gns -s
wsdl/MyGns.wsdl

The generated java files  have been updated to real implemenation code.

I have deployed the service into tomcat web container by using deploy.wsdd
java -cp $AXISCLASSPATH org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd

The contents of  deploy.wsdd are as follows

[jagan@dione gns]$ cat deploy.wsdd
<!-- Use this file to deploy some handlers/chains and services      -->
<!-- Two ways to do this:                                           -->
<!--   java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd          -->
<!--      after the axis server is running                          -->
<!-- or                                                             -->
<!--   java org.apache.axis.utils.Admin client|server deploy.wsdd   -->
<!--      from the same directory that the Axis engine runs         -->

<deployment
    xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"

  <!-- Services from MyGns WSDL service -->

  <service name="GnsIFPort" provider="java:RPC" style="rpc" use="encoded">
      <parameter name="wsdlTargetNamespace"
value="http://com.test/wsdl/MyGns"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlServiceElement" value="MyGns"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlServicePort" value="GnsIFPort"/>
      <parameter name="className" value="gns.GnsIFBindingImpl"/>
      <parameter name="wsdlPortType" value="GnsIF"/>
<endpointURL>http://dione.csse.monash.edu.au:8080/gns-jaxrpc/gns</endpointURL>
      <operation name="getFileLocation" qname="operNS:getFileLocation"
xmlns:operNS="http://com.test/wsdl/MyGns" returnQName="result"
returnType="rtns:string" xmlns:rtns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
soapAction="" >
        <parameter qname="String_1" type="tns:string"
xmlns:tns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/>
        <parameter qname="int_2" type="tns:int"
xmlns:tns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"/>
      </operation>
      <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="getFileLocation"/>

  </service>
</deployment>

I found the deployed web service at the following location rather than
the specified endpoind location of
"http://dione.csse.monash.edu.au:8080/gns-jaxrpc/gns".

http://dione.csse.monash.edu.au:8080/axis/services/GnsIFPort

  GnsIFPort

Hi there, this is an AXIS service!

Perhaps there will be a form for invoking the service here...

Could you mind to suggest about deploying the web service to a specified
endpoint address?

with regards,

Jagan Kommineni

RE: Request for information ....

Posted by Tom Jordahl <tj...@adobe.com>.
You need to map the Axis servlet as defined in your web.xml to the
location you want the endpoints to appear.

In your case "/gns-jaxrpc".  You should also set the wsdlServicePort to
be "gns".

I believe that will give you the endpoint you are looking for.

Tom Jordahl
Adobe Server Development

    xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"

value="http://com.test/wsdl/MyGns" <http://com.test/wsdl/MyGns> />