Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Rijk van Haaften <r....@gmail.com> on 2008/02/01 13:01:37 UTC

QNAME_ATTRIBUTE_DESCRIPTION

Hi All,

org.apache.ddlutils.model.Column has
getDescription() and
setDescription()

Can I use it for any custom description I'd like, or does it have a
formal meaning?

Thanks,

Rijk J.C. van Haaften

Re: QNAME_ATTRIBUTE_DESCRIPTION

Posted by Rijk van Haaften <r....@gmail.com>.
> right now they are present because the are part of the model as
> defined by the Turbine schema (the DTD that DdlUtils and Torque use).
> Once http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DDLUTILS-27 is implemented,
> these will actually represent the column comments in the database.
Right. So until then (1.2, I suppose) I need to keep the xml-file
around for storing such comments?

Rijk van Haaften

Re: QNAME_ATTRIBUTE_DESCRIPTION

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 1, 2008 4:01 AM, Rijk van Haaften <r....@gmail.com> wrote:

> org.apache.ddlutils.model.Column has
> getDescription() and
> setDescription()
>
> Can I use it for any custom description I'd like, or does it have a
> formal meaning?

Hi Rijk,

right now they are present because the are part of the model as
defined by the Turbine schema (the DTD that DdlUtils and Torque use).
Once http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DDLUTILS-27 is implemented,
these will actually represent the column comments in the database.

Tom