Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org> on 2006/08/10 22:48:05 UTC

build setup for releases

In the previous releases has their been documentation about how the jars
were built? I've never seen any, but I've never looked for it. Seems
like it would be useful for resolving any strange bugs later that are
compiler/environment related. Something like:

os platform - linux
java compiler(s) - Sun 1.4
jdk 1.3 environment - Sun 1.3.1
jdk 1.4 environment - Sun 1.4.2
jdk 1.6 environment - Sun Mustang beta
jsr 169 env - WCTME 5.7
OSGi jar - OSGI download

etc.

Dan.

Re: Re: build setup for releases

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 8/10/06, Rick Hillegas <Ri...@sun.com> wrote:
> I think this would be very useful. Where should we put this information?

The release page seems like an obvious place for it, since it will be
specific to the release.

> And another question: At this point, my builds create the following
> optional artifacts:
>
> 1) The JDBC4 support.
> 2) The osgi support class EmbeddedActivator
> 3) The jsr169 support
>
> Are there any other optional artifacts which I should build?

That's all of the optional parts, so that should do it.

andrew

Re: build setup for releases

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
I think this would be very useful. Where should we put this information?

And another question: At this point, my builds create the following
optional artifacts:

1) The JDBC4 support.
2) The osgi support class EmbeddedActivator
3) The jsr169 support

Are there any other optional artifacts which I should build?

Thanks,
-Rick