Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by rxfillpharm <rx...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/08/01 20:07:35 UTC

Re: Config Element:Counter based on Thread/User number?

Thank you for reply.

I created a BeanShell PreProcessor on testplan level that worked well.
The other suggestion did not work -- the counter is not incremented, ie is always 1.

 Subject: Re: Config Element:Counter based on Thread/User number?
 To: "JMeter Users List" <us...@jmeter.apache.org>
 Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 6:58 PM

 On 30 July 2014 22:06, rx wrote:
 > Hello,
 > New
 to JMETER , and have a question regarding Config
 Element->Counter.

 > In my thread group, my first element is a
 Counter.  I want to
 > use this counter
 to construct a logon id, where logon ids are
 > user0001, user0002, user0003 etc.  When
 loop count > 1,
 > the logon id will be
 the same for each loop of that user.

 > I expected that Counter would always equal
 __threadNum, such that
 > when
 __threadNum=2, Counter=2 as well.

 > Instead, Counter is being incremented with
 each run of the
 > thread group.
 >
 > As a test, I created
 a user parameter:
 threadrun=${__threadNum}${__counter(true)}
 > The values when I run the test using
 Number of threads=2 and Loop Count=2 are:

 >      Counter =
 0001
 >      threadrun = 11
 >
 >      Counter =
 0002
 >      threadrun = 21
 >
 >      Counter =
 0003  (I want this to be 0001)

 threadrun = 12  (correct!)

 >      Counter = 0004  (I want this to
 be 0002)
 >      threadrun = 22
 (correct!)

 > 1.
 How can I get Counter to match thread number?

 Have you tried:

 Start = ${__threadNum}
 Increment = 0

 > 2. If that is not possible, how can I use
 __threadNum to construct my logon id.

    __threadNum value is consistently correct, but
 it does not have the leading
 >    zeros
 that I need.

 Use one of the
 scripting functions (jexl, javascript, beanshell) or
 scripting test elements to convert the
 threadNum string to a number
 and then use a
 format to add the leading zeroes.

 > I hope my post is clear, and I thank you
 for help in advance.