Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com> on 2013/11/08 01:16:58 UTC

Router requires upgrade. Unable to send command to router Error

Unable to deploy vms in the latest master because of the commit below. Is anyone noticing this on the latest master.
I checked the code  and there was a commit made recently 3f5b8f which is where the exception points to.

WARN  [o.a.c.alerts] (CapacityChecker:ctx-4f1ef01f)  alertType:: 2 // dataCenterId:: 3 // podId:: 3 // clusterId:: null // message:: System Alert: Low Available Storage in cluster c3 pod p of availability zone z3
INFO  [o.a.c.f.j.i.AsyncJobMonitor] (Job-Executor-1:ctx-f118d6dc) Add job-44 into job monitoring
WARN  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-26:ctx-3e786331) Detecting a change in xstoolsversion for r-6-VM
ERROR [c.c.v.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (Job-Executor-1:ctx-f118d6dc ctx-d9a00f18) Failed to start instance VM[User|VM-4d5d5db2-e5ba-4bbd-b1dc-e749ac42a74c]
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Router requires upgrade. Unable to send command to router:6
at com.cloud.network.router.VirtualNetworkApplianceManagerImpl.sendCommandsToRouter(VirtualNetworkApplianceManagerImpl.java:3567)
at com.cloud.network.router.VirtualNetworkApplianceManagerImpl$7.execute(VirtualNetworkApplianceManagerImpl.java:3003)
at com.cloud.network.router.VirtualNetworkApplianceManagerImpl.applyRules(VirtualNetworkApplianceManagerImpl.java:3848)
at com.cloud.network.router.VirtualNetworkApplianceManagerImpl.applyDhcpEntry(VirtualNetworkApplianceManagerImpl.java:2995)

Re: Router requires upgrade. Unable to send command to router Error

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
Thanks Hugo, that was the cause of my 'fsck' issue.  NTP was broken on my
dev XenServer due to a misconfigured resolv.conf.

I can confirm that the recent System VM Templates are working.

Thank you...

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.
Will,

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
I just used:

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.

Posted by Travis Graham <tg...@tgraham.us>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Murali Reddy <Mu...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.
[...]

to the secondary storage? If so, how can I disable that?

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
FYI.

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.
+1 Same error. The secondary storage VM and the Console proxy VM seem
to be coming up alright. I see this error only when starting the

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.