Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <je...@ncgr.org> on 2000/05/01 17:24:49 UTC

Re: TCL bindings for Xerces-C???

Hi James,

The group of people working on the perl bindings have taken the
approach of using SWIG to wrap Xerces and auto-generate the wrapper
code.

It took a while to get the header files to a stage where SWIG could
handle everything properly. You may want to start with the Xerces-0.2
distribution that I posted a while back on the Xerces-P list, and wrap
it for Tcl instead.

Having another group using this would be useful, because it would
enable a nice clean code base that could be wrapped for
Tcl/Perl/Python/etc.

jas.

James> Anybody out there created TCL bindings for Xerces-C?  All I've
James> found out there so far in XML/TCL stuff is based on expat, and
James> I'm embedding in a process which is already using Xerces-C so
James> I'd like to keep it consistent.  So...  If this has already
James> been done, please let me know.

James> If this has NOT already been done, would anyone else who is
James> interested please post any ideas/requirements for what you
James> would like to see in such a binding here, soon, as I'll
James> probably build one myself.