Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by glynes <gl...@dryfalls.net> on 2014/06/27 23:34:37 UTC

Can't register to forum, error message makes no sense

I often download a .csv file from a web site. I look at it and do a sum
or two then close it without saving. Excel has no problem with this.

Calc seems to think every file is important, or maybe the programmers
just give OpenOffice excessive importance but these are throw away files
and even if they weren't I seldom create files that need to be read only.

Is there any way to change a default so that nothing is opened  read
only unless I tell it to or it was saved read only? And no, I don't want
to edit a copy of the document. Then I have keep up with the documents
and versions of the documents.

If this is not fixable, can you steer me toward something not Microsoft
that will do what I want?

I am desperate. I am about to dig up a copy of Office and load it.

Thanks,
glenn

Re: Can't register to forum, error message makes no sense

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
That's a lot of complains but not enough information to help you.
OpenOffice doesn't threat files as read only unless it is open with some
other application
this normally  happens when you open an attachment from a mail tool, but
as you don't give enough information we can't help you.