Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Patrick von der Hagen <pa...@wudika.de> on 2005/10/09 14:13:55 UTC

local cache of njabl.org: combined vs. dnsbl

Hi all,

I consider creating a local cache of njabl.org using rbldnsd. I can
rsync their zones-information to my server, but their
installation-instructions (http://combined.njabl.org/rsync.html) tell me
that I get dnsbl.njabl.org. That's of littel benefit, since SpamAssassin
accesses combined.njabl.org.
I suppose if I just disabled the NJABL_DUL-Score in SpamAssassin, I
should be able to change from combined.njabl.org to dnsbl.njabl.org?

Not quite sure whether I'd like that...
--
CU,
    Patrick.

Re: local cache of njabl.org: combined vs. dnsbl

Posted by Patrick von der Hagen <pa...@wudika.de>.
Jeff Chan schrieb:
[...]
> The zone data for both zones is in their rsync directory.  The
> dynablock data is in the rbldns.dynablock.easynet.nl file, so you
> would modify your rbldnsd config:
I was confused about the filename and ignored
rbldns.dynablock.easynet.nl. The njabl-Homepage mentioned that they hat
taken over that blacklist, but I believed that they had renamed it and
kept that file just for historical reasons.

> Klar?
Yes, I set up my configuration to provide combined.njabl.org and I'm now
curiously watching my rbldnsd-rrd-graphs. ;-)

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Sunday, October 9, 2005, 5:13:55 AM, Patrick Hagen wrote:
> I consider creating a local cache of njabl.org using rbldnsd. I can
> rsync their zones-information to my server, but their
> installation-instructions (http://combined.njabl.org/rsync.html) tell me
> that I get dnsbl.njabl.org. That's of littel benefit, since SpamAssassin
> accesses combined.njabl.org.
> I suppose if I just disabled the NJABL_DUL-Score in SpamAssassin, I
> should be able to change from combined.njabl.org to dnsbl.njabl.org?

The combined list is "dnsbl.njabl.org and dynablock.njabl.org in
a single zone" (comes from   http://www.njabl.org/use.html ) so
all you need to do is create an rbldnsd zone with the content of
both zone files and call it "combined.njabl.org"

The zone data for both zones is in their rsync directory.  The
dynablock data is in the rbldns.dynablock.easynet.nl file, so you
would modify your rbldnsd config:

  http://www.njabl.org/rsync.html

          dnsbl.njabl.org:ip4set:dnsbl.njabl.org.auto \
          dnsbl.njabl.org:generic:dnsbl.njabl.org.generic \
          dnsbl.njabl.org:ip4set:dnsbl.njabl.org.data \

to add that file to the others, and change the name of the
resulting zone to "combined.njabl.org":

          combined.njabl.org:ip4set:dnsbl.njabl.org.auto \
          combined.njabl.org:generic:dnsbl.njabl.org.generic \
          combined.njabl.org:ip4set:dnsbl.njabl.org.data \
          combined.njabl.org:ip4set:rbldns.dynablock.easynet.nl \

If you want just the DUL list, then set up a zone that uses just
the last file.

          dynablock.njabl.org:ip4set:rbldns.dynablock.easynet.nl \

Klar?

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan