Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2002/01/02 19:44:49 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/site/xdocs ant.xml

on 1/2/02 6:34 AM, "rubys@apache.org" <ru...@apache.org> wrote:

> +            if (runtime != null)
> +                depend.setAttribute("runtime", runtime.getValue());

"All Java Language source code in the repository must be written in
conformance to the "Code Conventions for the Java Programming Language as
published by Sun."

<http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc6.html#449>

:-)

-jon

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/site/xdocs ant.xml

Posted by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@openprivacy.org>.

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/site/xdocsant.xml

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
While I didn't actually write ActionServlet myself, I'll be the first to
agree that I sometimes forget to apply the standard conventions to my
own code. Java's not my first language, and sometimes I slip into legacy
coding styles without realizing it. Many of us old hands have the same
problem, and would love a gentle reminder when we slip-up. I'm actually
thinking that if I start to watching others code, I might remember to
watch my own as well ;-)

Personally, I do try to follow the Elements of Java Style, which is
mostly an extension of the Sun standards, but don't always succeed ;-)

Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Well Ted..... the jokes on you...
>
> Have a look at ActionServlet versus this coding standard.  :))
>
> (no offense to anyone, this is in jest)
>
>     Erik
>
> p.s. I've given CheckStyle a try... its a tough one to live with as its
> stringent, but perhaps this could be used during builds to spit out code
> standard non-compliance warnings: http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net

-- Building Java web applications with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/site/xdocsant.xml

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
And this tool might help on formatting the code according to (whatever)
standards you want to follow:
    http://jrefactory.sourceforge.net/cspretty.html

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar

http://www.krankikom.de
http://www.ruhronline.de

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-alexandria/proposal/gump/site/xdocsant.xml

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Atta boy, Jon!

Posted by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@openprivacy.org>.