Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jim Carbone <jc...@insightexpress.com> on 2003/06/28 18:33:02 UTC

[users@httpd] CGI delays C Script: RH8.0 Apache2.0

Greetings,

We're noticing a significant delay with any CGI scripts on apache2.0
Redhat8.0. We can execute the script locally with no delay but when loaded
through httpd it's delayed 3-4 sec. about 50-60% of the time. Other times it
loads right up. We have ruled out any DNS or routing issues and want to know
what we can try as far as getting CGI to load faster? We are using C and not
PERL.

Thanks in advance -

Re: [users@httpd] CGI delays C Script: RH8.0 Apache2.0

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Jim Carbone wrote:
> We can execute the script locally with no delay but when loaded
> through httpd it's delayed 3-4 sec. about 50-60% of the time. Other times
it
> loads right up.

Could you modify your CGI(s) so the first thing it does is to log a
timestamp, or some other mechanism to notify when it is invoked. This  would
be helpful in determine if the execution of the CGI is delayed or if it's
the response that is delayed. Could be tricky though, as I think Apache logs
the request after it has been served, but there may be other ways to
determine that.

> We are using C and not PERL.

Do you experience the same issues with non-compiled (eg. Perl) CGIs?

Regards,
Robert Andersson