Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by JustinGordon <ju...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/01 00:10:58 UTC

Help with setting up listeners

I want to create simple cache listeners, as are available in the JSR 107 and
ehcache. Any advice?
It seems that a LateralCache might somewhat work, but that it's not
complete.

Also, does anybody have any simple examples on setting up multiple servers
and testing distribution of cache changes between servers?

Any general advice on Ehcache vs. JCS?

Thanks,

Justin

Re: Help with setting up listeners

Posted by "Betten, Thorben" <th...@open-xchange.com>.
Hello,

what do you mean by cache listener?

Maybe I got you wrong, but at least JCS supports cache event handler:
Watch here [http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/ElementEventHandling.html] for a short howto. Beware that those handlers only work for local
caches; e.g. it does not get notified about remotely/laterally inserted elements.

Setting up a distributed cache environment is also explained on JCS site.
You can decide whether to use a UDP-based [http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/LateralUDPDiscovery.html] or hardcoded [http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/LateralTCPAuxCache.html] look-up.

I used common sniffing tools (wireshark, ngrep, netstat...) to verify sockets
were properly created/opened and events were properly distribute via network.

Hope it helps...

JustinGordon <ju...@yahoo.com> hat am 1. Februar 2009 um 00:10 geschrieben:

> I want to create simple cache listeners, as are available in the JSR 107 and
> ehcache. Any advice?
> It seems that a LateralCache might somewhat work, but that it's not
> complete.
>
> Also, does anybody have any simple examples on setting up multiple servers
> and testing distribution of cache changes between servers?
>
> Any general advice on Ehcache vs. JCS?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Justin

Thorben Betten