Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/02/13 09:34:32 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 2.6.4 Release

Hi all,

     It gives me great pleasure to announce that the Apache Hadoop community has voted
to release Apache Hadoop 2.6.4.

Hadoop 2.6.4 is a continuing maintenance release in the Hadoop 2.6.x line that
builds on top of 2.6.3. It contains a number of critical fixes backported from
the 2.7 line and from the ongoing 2.8 line.

The release has 46 resolved issues with the following breakdown:
4  in Hadoop Common
15 in HDFS
9  in MapReduce
18 in YARN

Please see the Hadoop 2.6.4 Release Notes
<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.4/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/releasenotes.html>
for more detail.

The release news is also posted on the Hadoop website, and you can go to the
downloads section directly (http://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html#Download).
The release documentation is up at http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.4/.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the release!

Cheers,

Junping

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 2.6.4 Release

Posted by Yongjun Zhang <yz...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Junping for the great work!

Best,

--Yongjun