Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Olivier Mansour <om...@clever-age.com> on 2006/03/31 11:40:05 UTC

problem to import TIFF to produce PDF doc

Hey

is it possible to import CMJN Tiff in PDF docs.

I have this error while generating my PDF :
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Raster ByteInterleavedRaster:
width = 2600 height = 3628 #numDataElements 4 dataOff[0] = 0 is
incompatible with ColorModel ColorModel: #pixelBits = 8 numComponents
= 1 color space = java.awt.color.ICC_ColorSpace@1827284 transparency
= 1 has alpha = false isAlphaPre = false

thanks in adavance

Olivier

--
Olivier Mansour      http://www.clever-age.com
Clever Age Lyon - conseil en architecture technique

Clever Age vous invite à ses petits déjeuners du Jeudi
http://www.clever-age.com/actualites/petits-dejeuners/

Re: problem to import TIFF to produce PDF doc

Posted by Olivier Mansour <om...@clever-age.com>.
Le 31 mars 06 à 12:09, Jeremias Maerki a écrit :

> I assume that CMJN is the French equivalent of CMYK, right? I had
> to ask
> Google to find out.

OMG ! so sorry for that

> You don't say what FOP version you're working with.

0.91

> I've just done a
> little test using FOP Trunk and the same happens. The TIFF codec from
> Batik doesn't seem to properly support CMYK TIFFs. If I disable the
> "tiffImage" provider (the Batik codec) in
> org.apache.fop.image.FopFactory the image is processed with no errors
> but it is inverted and internally converted to sRGB. I guess that's
> not
> what you want. So, the answer is no, CMYK TIFF are currently not
> supported. However, if you can convert the TIFF into a CMYK JPEG, it
> should work.

okay (yes it's work with JPEG)

I have my answer. Thanks to you
Olivier

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I assume that CMJN is the French equivalent of CMYK, right? I had to ask
Google to find out.

You don't say what FOP version you're working with. I've just done a
little test using FOP Trunk and the same happens. The TIFF codec from
Batik doesn't seem to properly support CMYK TIFFs. If I disable the
"tiffImage" provider (the Batik codec) in
org.apache.fop.image.FopFactory the image is processed with no errors
but it is inverted and internally converted to sRGB. I guess that's not
what you want. So, the answer is no, CMYK TIFF are currently not
supported. However, if you can convert the TIFF into a CMYK JPEG, it
should work. HTH.

Posted by becofuan <be...@yahoo.com>.
Import TIFF to produce PDF doc is of same request as convert TIFF to PDF doc.
For convert tiff to PDF doc, it's easy to be achieved by using a  TIFF to
PDF converting control
<http://www.rasteredge.com/software/tiff-pdf-converter/>  .
I believe it can help you solve issues.