Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by "Dressler, Erik(externe MA)" <Er...@Dresdner-Bank.lu> on 2005/03/30 10:22:26 UTC

torque and xmltype

hi, everybody!

i'm using torque 3.1.1 and oracle 9i. in my project-schema.xml-file i tried
to declare a column as a "xmltype"-column. the "maven torque"-goal failed.

is it anyhow possible to use the "new" datatype "xmltype" with torque?

greetz, erik

*  *  *  *  *  *  D I S C L A I M E R  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

This message is confidential and intended for the named addressee(s) only.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by E-Mail
return and then delete this message from your system. You should not copy
or use it or disclose its contents to any other person.

If any part of this message is illegible or if you suspect that the message
may have been intercepted or amended, please contact the sender.
Dresdner Bank Luxembourg S.A. cannot accept any responsibility for the
accuracy or completeness of this message without further investigation.

RE: torque and xmltype

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.

Erik,

xmltype it is not supported out of the box.

if you use any release up to 3.1.1, you have to change the db.props file in
the sql/base/database_name (in your case sql/base/oracle) and map a
datatype to sqltype.
I have no idea whether you can add a new type (this would be a clean
solution), or whether you have to "abuse" an existing one (e. g. the "char"
type). Make sure this datataype is not yet used in your application !!!

If it works, please let us know how you did it.

      Thomas

"Dressler, Erik(externe MA)" <Er...@Dresdner-Bank.lu> schrieb am
30.03.2005 10:22:26: