Posted to users@maven.apache.org by shep <sh...@q.com> on 2008/01/28 20:34:13 UTC

Re: running a specific plugin only while deploying ; running multiple times a same plugin while varying its parameters

I try this and I get the following:

One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for 'exec:exec'

[0] Inside the definition for plugin 'exec-maven-plugin' specify the
following:

<configuration>
  <executable>VALUE</executable>
</configuration>

-OR-

on the command line, specify: '-Dexec.executable=VALUE'

[DEBUG]Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error configuring:
org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin. Reason: Invalid or missing parameters:
[Mojo parameter [name: 'executable'; alias: 'null']] for mojo:
org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.1-beta-1:exec
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:568)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:463)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:333)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)
        at
        at
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginParameterException: Error
configuring: org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin. Reason: Invalid or missing
parameters: [Mojo parameter [name: 'executable'; alias: 'null']] for mojo:
org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.1-beta-1:exec
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.checkRequiredParameters(DefaultPluginManager.java:911)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:616)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:425)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        ... 16 more

here is my profiles section of the pom:
<profile>
            <activation>
                <property>
                    <name>profile1</name>
                </property>
            </activation>
            <build>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                        <artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                        <configuration>
                            <executable>java</executable>
                            <arguments>
                                <argument>-classpath</argument>
                                <classpath />
                                <argument>

com.ngc.casper.persistent.PersistentCollection
                                </argument>
                            </arguments>
                        </configuration>
                    </plugin>
                </plugins>
            </build>
        </profile>

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? I really need a way to run this class
file. Here is my command line

nvn exec:exec -Pprofile1