Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bill Haneman <bi...@ireland.sun.com> on 2000/12/21 18:18:59 UTC

[commit] Removal of explicit TextLayout dependencies: and new classes

Hi:

I have removed the explicit dependency on TextLayout from
ConcreteTextNode and all TextPainters (replacing it with
a new interface, org.apache.batik.gvt.text.TextSpanLayout).

TextSpanLayout does much the same thing, and we have one
concrete implementation that, for now, wraps java.awt.font.TextLayout.
But this change will make it easier to transition away from
TextLayout altogether.  I hope to have a TextLayout-free
implementation by the second week of the new year.

The new TextSpanLayout API is evolving, and several methods
will probably be removed soon.

This is my last CVS access until after I return from
holidays, so Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all.

-Bill
Bill Haneman
+1 353 1 849 0495