Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Sreenivasan N." <sr...@ap.sony.com> on 2002/11/07 06:21:51 UTC

Alterative to Chiba Xforms formbuilder

Hi All

The main reason for this mail is i want to implement a template based xml
document creation.

The scenario is there is a admin who create template to capture data and to
generate xml document. The admin should have the flexiblity to build the
form without any coding.
The user then use the template which was created by the admin to generate
xml document.

I found Chiba (http://chiba.sourceforge.org) doing the same, but one
problem is the performance issue. It take more memory and very slow.

Anyone know any tool similar to this or is there any way to create such an
environment

Thanks in advance
Regards
Sreenivasan.

"Attitudes are much more important than aptitudes."
"Nothing is impossible for a willing heart"

Sreenivasan N.
Sony SARD
Ext 5816

Email. sreenivasan.n@ap.sony.com
Per: nsreenivasan@yahoo.com

Re: Alterative to Chiba Xforms formbuilder

Posted by joern turner <jo...@web.de>.
hello,

you're right - the Chiba formbuilder was just a kind of prototype and
won't be developed any further in the next releases.

nevertheless it was a very usefull tool cause building xforms
interactively is much faster than hand-coding them (even if the tool is
so slow ;)

i've looked around once in while for an alternative but haven't come
about one yet. Please let me know, if you're more successfull.

it's planned to re-reimplement a formbuilder form scratch once, but it
has not yet been decided on which technology it will build.

Joern
-Chiba project-