Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by Zhouxiang Zhan <zh...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/09 06:22:46 UTC

[DISCUSS] Prepare to release Apache RocketMQ 5.0.1

Hi, RocketMQ community:

I'd like to propose releasing Apache RocketMQ 5.0.1. It's been a while
since RocketMQ 5.0.0 was released.During this time, multiple important
features were merged into the code trunk, including remoting protocol proxy[
1], observability improvement[2], server-side offset management[3],
remoting module improvement[4], transaction message[5], pop orderly
improvement[6], backporting of remoting client[7], logging module with
shaded logback[8], tiered storage[9], etc.We also did some stability and
bug fixes on the trunk. It's time to release RocketMQ 5.0.1. I would like
to start an email thread to discuss the plan.

If you have any important bug fixes or questions, please reply to this
email.

Regards,
Zhouxiang Zhan

[1]
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/RIP-55-Support-remoting-protocol-in-rocketmq-proxy-module
[2]
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/RIP-46-Observability-improvement-for-RocketMQ
[3]
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/RIP-48-Enhance-server-side-offset-management-ability
[4]
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/RIP-49-RocketMQ-remoting-module-improvement
[5]
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/RIP-50-RocketMQ-Transaction-Message-Improvement
[6]https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/RIP-51-Pop-orderly-improvement
[7]
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/RIP-54-Backporting-of-Remoting-based-Client
[8]
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/RIP-56-Replace-Logging-Module-with-Shaded-Logback
[9]
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/RIP-57-Tiered-storage-for-RocketMQ

Re: Re: [DISCUSS] Prepare to release Apache RocketMQ 5.0.1

Posted by Qiang Wang <ol...@apache.org>.
+1,It's exciting to see how many features the new version has

jinrongtong <ji...@apache.org> 于2023年2月9日周四 16:11写道:

Posted by Qiang Wang <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by jinrongtong <ji...@apache.org>.
+1