Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sandro Simas <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/11 04:13:17 UTC

How do I insert a new node while running a MapReduce hadoop?

Hi, i started using hadoop now and I'm doing some tests on a cluster of three
machines. I wanted to insert a new node after the MapReduce started, is this
possible? How do I?

Re: How do I insert a new node while running a MapReduce hadoop?

Posted by li ping <li...@gmail.com>.
of course you can.
What is the node type, datanode?job tracker?task tracker?
Let's say you are trying to add a datanode.
You can modify the xml file let the datanode pointed to the NameNode,
JobTracker, TaskTracker.

<property>
         <name>fs.default.name</name>
         <value>hdfs://xxxx:9000/</value>
     </property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
  <value>ip:port</value>
  <description>The host and port that the MapReduce job tracker runs
  at.  If "local", then jobs are run in-process as a single map
  and reduce task.
  </description>
</property>

In most cases, the tasktracker and datanode are running on the same machine
(to get the best performance).

After doing this, you can start the hdfs by command start-dfs.sh

--
-----李平