Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mitch Mattek <mi...@riskmetrics.com> on 2004/10/14 21:42:18 UTC

Can't set plugin variables before bootstrap

I'm trying to make a "bootstrap" from nothing build of our projects. I have
a project, which you can pull down, then execute multiproject, so my
thinking was.

1: execute maven cdp:bootstrap (this is my custom plugin)

This would

		<maven:set plugin="scm" property="maven.scm.cvs.module"
value="cdpMultiBuild"/>
		<maven:set plugin="scm" property="maven.scm.checkout.dir"
value="${basedir}"/>
		<attainGoal name="scm:bootstrap-project"/>

Unfortunately I get
Plugin 'scm' in project 'null' is not available.

I suspect this because there is no pom context because there is no
project.xml for directory?

Also, I tried
		${systemScope.put('maven.scm.cvs.module', 'cdpMultiBuild')}

But it doesn't seem to see these (I still get 'you must specify
maven.scm.cvs.module' like it didn't set it.

Any thoughts? Is there a way in code to get create a POM context? I realize
I could write a script which set all the properties with -D upon launch, but
my idea was for someone to have NO files at all and start fresh with just
maven.

Re: Can't set plugin variables before bootstrap

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
seems there is a bug relating to this - I noticed it too.

If the plugin hasn't been initialised yet (which will always be the
case for you), use j:set instead.

However, these tags should initialise if needed. I'll put in a JIRA issue.

- Brett