Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by jone <jo...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2006/11/18 00:27:40 UTC

Why tapestry 4.0.xxx application CANNONT deploy in WEBSPHERE!!!!

hi,
My app could deploy in tomcat and resin ,but FAILED in websphere with the
following exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not load class
org.apache.tapestry.html.BasePage

I don't know why!Could somebody help me?
jone

Re: Why tapestry 4.0.xxx application CANNONT deploy in WEBSPHERE!!!!

Posted by Johan Maasing <jm...@gmail.com>.

>         Select adding support for Java annotations

I do not know what this means in WebSphere but if it is plain java
annotations you must use Java 5.

Re: Why tapestry 4.0.xxx application CANNONT deploy in WEBSPHERE!!!!

Posted by Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com>.
It's not RAD but Eclipse inside has a support for Java 5, moreover RAD
is not only for WebSphere, right?

Best regards,
Renat Zubairov

Re: Why tapestry 4.0.xxx application CANNONT deploy in WEBSPHERE!!!!

Posted by Craig St Jean <va...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Renat Zubairov <re...@gmail.com>.
Hello Craig,

I was able to run the Tapestry Application in the WebSphere 5 with
some problems because my websphere setup was done with J2EE Security
Enabled (which I can't disable), but after the security problem was
solved the application was working very good and stable.
Concerning the error you have it is definitely that you've compiled
your classes for Java 5 but WebSphere is using JVM 1.4 therefore it
can't load classes.
You need to compile your application for Java 1.4 - hence no
annotations, no generics, no enums, etc.

Renat

On 18/11/06, Craig St Jean <va...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Using RAD with WebSphere 6.0.2.13 I did the following:
> Create new EAR
>         Select adding support for Java annotations
>         Import J2EE Utility Jars into the EAR (select to link them and
> select your Tapestry JARs)
>                 Do not include commons-logging, its included in the WebSphere Runtime
> Create a new Dynamic Web Project (with its EAR set to the one
> previously created)
>         In Java JAR dependencies select all of the JARs
>         Modify your web.xml
>         Create your Home.page and Home.html in your WebContent WEB-INF folder
>         Create your Home.java as a Java resource
>         Build Project
> Right click your server and click Add/Remove projects
>         Add your EAR
>
> At this point WebSphere complained about some classes having a minor
> version of 49.0 which was unsupported (maybe need to run WebSphere in
> a Java 5 container, its default is 1.4.2 I believe). Not quite sure
> what to do from here (I do all of my Tapestry work from JBoss, all of
> my work for my company using Struts in WebSphere) but maybe someone
> else can take it from here.
>
> Good luck!
>
> On Nov 18, 2006, at 2:03 AM, Craig St Jean wrote:
>
> > What version of WebSphere are you using? Also are you using just
> > plain WebSphere or are you using RAD/RSA (and which version).
> >
> > On Nov 17, 2006, at 6:27 PM, jone wrote:
> >
> >> hi,
> >> My app could deploy in tomcat and resin ,but FAILED in websphere
> >> with the
> >> following exception:
> >>
> >> javax.servlet.ServletException: Could not load class
> >> org.apache.tapestry.html.BasePage
> >>
> >> I don't know why!Could somebody help me?
> >> jone

Best regards,
Renat Zubairov

Re: Why tapestry 4.0.xxx application CANNONT deploy in WEBSPHERE!!!!

Posted by Craig St Jean <va...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Craig St Jean <va...@earthlink.net>.