Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Kirby, Stephen (Civ,ARL/CISD)" <sf...@arl.army.mil> on 2004/06/16 07:26:13 UTC

ConnectionException: connection refused question

Hi,

	I am accessing a java web service inside a java servlet which is called from html.  The web service is deployed and I have set the port address within the ###ServiceLocator.java file to 8081.  When I enter my values into the html  whose action it is to call the servlet, I get:

	java.net.ConnectionException: connection refused

	I am using for the tcpmon call:
	java org.apache.axis.utils.tcpmon 8081 localhost 8080.

	What is weird is that I wrote a small piece of java code  which gets a stub to the web service exactly the same way as the java servlet.  When I run it at the command line, the web service is connected to just fine, and the transaction  shows up in  tcpmon.

	Thus, it seems then that when I run this through the web page, it is trying to use a port already  taken  (is this the implication of connection refused?)  I'm not clear why the command line  code works  and the web access doesn't.

	Any ideas anyone?

	Best regards,
	Steve