Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by hong <mi...@163.com> on 2008/05/07 16:36:47 UTC

Where is the files?

Hi All,

I started Hadoop in standalone mode, and put some file on to HDSF. I
strictly followed the instructions in Hadoop Quick Start.

HDSF is mapped to a local directory in my local file system, right?
and where is it?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Where is the files?

Posted by vikas <pv...@gmail.com>.
it will be mapped to /tmp <--> equivalanet to <drive of HADOOP_ROOT>/tmp in
windows

Regards,
-Vikas.

Re: Where is the files?

Posted by Hairong Kuang <ha...@yahoo-inc.com>.
DFS files are mapped into blocks. Blocks are stored under
dfs.data.dir/current.

Hairong