Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by girish talisetty <gi...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/04 06:13:48 UTC

oozie ssh action stderr also routing to stdout, is this a known issue or for a purpose?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59136831/oozie-ssh-action-stderr-also-routing-to-stdout-is-this-a-known-issue-or-for-a-p

I executed oozie ssh action with python script having logging enabled.

   1. Stdout log routed to stdout logfile.
   2. Stderr log also routed to Stdout logfile
   3. Exception liks exit(1) also routed to stdout logfile.

I verified oozie ssh wrapper script, where it clearly wrote to redirect
stderr aslo stdout.

Would like to understand , is there a specific reason doing that or am I
missing something.

https://github.com/apache/oozie/blob/master/core/src/main/resources/ssh-base.sh

preserveArgs=${1}
if [ $preserveArgs == "PRESERVE_ARGS" ]
then
    $dir/ssh-wrapper.sh "${@}" </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 &
    echo $!
else
    cmnd="$dir/ssh-wrapper.sh ${*}"
    ${cmnd} </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 &
    echo $!
fi

Re: oozie ssh action stderr also routing to stdout, is this a known issue or for a purpose?

Posted by Andras Salamon <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

This is just the redirect of the output/error of the ssh-wrapper script,
the real script is executed by ssh-wrapper (
https://github.com/apache/oozie/blob/master/core/src/main/resources/ssh-wrapper.sh
)
like this:

if $cmnd "$@" >>${stdout} 2>>${stderr} then...

where the files are defined using different postfixes:

stdout="$dir/$mpid.$actionId.stdout"
stderr="$dir/$mpid.$actionId.stderr"

Sala