Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Evgeniy Strokin <ev...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/07 17:56:27 UTC

how to suppress result

Hello,.. I have odd problem.
I use Solr for regular search, and it works fine for my task, but my client has a list of IDs in a flat separate file (he could have huge amount of the IDs, up to 1M) and he wants to exclude those IDs from result of the search.
What is the right way to do this?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Gene

Re: how to suppress result

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Evgeniy

+) delete the documents if you really don't need need them
+) create a field "ignored" and build an appropriate query to exclude
the documents where 'ignored' is true

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

RE: how to suppress result

Posted by Jae Joo <jj...@ECNext.com>.
I do have a same situation. Got 30 million indexed and deleted 3
millions.

DELETE can not be posted as same way as "ADD". We can add multiple
documents in the file, but not for DELETE.

If there is "RANGE" of ID, make the range first then delete the record
in index by

This xml should be sent to Solr engine ONE BY ONE.

And I am trying to delete index directly through Lucene API. It may
work, but did not try yet.

Thanks,

Jae