Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz> on 2003/09/12 15:45:52 UTC

running tutorial

Steve,

Running the first tutorial results in :-

KERNEL-ERROR: Unexpected error during kernel context instantiation.

Internal error during kernel instantiation.
Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Message: org/apache/avalon/composition/util/ExceptionHelper

---- stack trace --------------------------------------------------
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/avalon/composition/util/ExceptionHelper
	at
org.apache.avalon.merlin.kernel.impl.CLIKernelLoader.<init>(CLIKernelLoader.java:139)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)
	at Merlin.main(Merlin.java:272)

I guess I must have missed something, but I've been back over it and
cannot see anything.

Any pointers gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Peter
--
Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>

Re: running tutorial

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Steve,

Thanks. Hello tutorial now runs ok.

Off to a Food Festival for the weekend shortly. So more testing will
wait until Monday.

Have a good weekend.

Peter

Re: running tutorial

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Peter Courcoux wrote:

>attached.
>
>On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 15:07, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>>Could you please email the manifest from the jar file:
>>

>>%MERLIN_HOME%/repository/avalon-composition/avalon-composition-impl-1.0-RC1.jar
>>
>>Steve.
>>

>>Peter Courcoux wrote:
>>

>>>Steve,
>>>
>>>Running the first tutorial results in :-
>>>
>>>KERNEL-ERROR: Unexpected error during kernel context instantiation.

>>>Manifest-Version: 1.0
>>>Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.5.3
>>>Created-By: Apache Jakarta Maven
>>>Built-By: peter
>>>Package: org.apache.avalon.composition
>>>Build-Jdk: 1.3.1_06
>>>Extension-Name: avalon-composition-impl
>>>Specification-Version: 1.0
>>>Specification-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
>>>Specification-Title:
>>>An API supporting component composition.
>>>
>>>Implementation-Version: 1.0-beta-1-RC1
>>>Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
>>>Implementation-Vendor-Id: ASF

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: running tutorial