Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Stefan Fuhrmann <st...@wandisco.com> on 2015/08/05 13:14:35 UTC

Re: Bulk copying revprops

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 9:10 PM, Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>
wrote:

> Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com> writes:
>
> >   svnadmin dump-revprops repo | svnadmin load-revprops repo
>
> Oops! Load into a different repository:
>
>     svnadmin dump-revprops repo | svnadmin load-revprops repo2
>
> I think the long-term solution would be introducing
"sequence numbers" to track non-revision changes.
Locks and revprop changes could then be replayed
like we do it for revision data today.

Because most of the infrastructure for dump-revprops
and load-revprops is already in place, I'll give it a go
and commit a straightforward implementation.

-- Stefan^2.

Re: Bulk copying revprops

Posted by Stefan Fuhrmann <st...@wandisco.com>.
On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com>
wrote:

> Stefan Fuhrmann <st...@wandisco.com> writes:
>
> > Because most of the infrastructure for dump-revprops and load-revprops is
> > already in place, I'll give it a go and commit a straightforward
> > implementation.
>
> As of r1698382, I am seeing a segmentation fault every time I try to use
> svnadmin load-revprops with an existing dump:
>
>     0000000000000000()
>     svnadmin.exe!svn_repos_parse_dumpstream3() Line 501
>     svnadmin.exe!svn_repos_load_fs_revprops() Line 1485
>     svnadmin.exe!subcommand_load_revprops() Line 1562
>     svnadmin.exe!sub_main() Line 2959
>     svnadmin.exe!main() Line 2992

Thanks for the bug report!

> Perhaps the infrastructure isn't exactly ready to be used with null vtable
> entries like svn_repos_parse_fns3_t.new_node_record?

If we allow any type of dump stream to be fed into load-revprops,
the parser apparently requires all callback functions to be non-NULL.
r1700180 fixes that problem.

I committed the failing test for this behavior in r1700035.

That one passes now. I also added a test for dump-revprops so
that new svnadmin subcommands should be covered now.

-- Stefan^2.

Re: Bulk copying revprops

Posted by Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com>.
Stefan Fuhrmann <st...@wandisco.com> writes:

> Because most of the infrastructure for dump-revprops and load-revprops is
> already in place, I'll give it a go and commit a straightforward
> implementation.

As of r1698382, I am seeing a segmentation fault every time I try to use
svnadmin load-revprops with an existing dump:

    0000000000000000()
    svnadmin.exe!svn_repos_parse_dumpstream3() Line 501
    svnadmin.exe!svn_repos_load_fs_revprops() Line 1485
    svnadmin.exe!subcommand_load_revprops() Line 1562
    svnadmin.exe!sub_main() Line 2959
    svnadmin.exe!main() Line 2992

Perhaps the infrastructure isn't exactly ready to be used with null vtable
entries like svn_repos_parse_fns3_t.new_node_record?

I committed the failing test for this behavior in r1700035.

Regards,
Evgeny Kotkov