Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com> on 1995/12/11 17:21:15 UTC

Re: Apache weirdness (fwd)

OK, Jeremie's cool. Remember, he's using the old workaround patch that was
basically undoing patch 20. I'm good with Ben's final fix, along with Mark.

I have replied to Jeremie. I had to tell him that's not the real fix,
but he can wait for 1.0.0 (real release version) now.

Jeremie Miller liltingly intones:

> We have had 1.0.0 + patch posted running since saturday morning on both our
> BSDI box and our Linux box.  It has taken well over 2,000,000 hits so far
> without even a wimper, and the load avg seems to run even lower, around
> .05--.10 avg (this was after some config tweeking also).  We did have three
> reboots all in a row on saturday night, but I suspect the wd hard drive was
> the cause for that.
>
> So as far as I can see, the patch posted works great!  If anything else
> strange happens, I will be sure to let you or the apache list know about it.
>
> Again, thank you very much for your help!

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an approaching
train.