Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Libu Mon C.D" <li...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/24 08:35:32 UTC

tomcat process getting killed... Please Help...

 Hi,

We are developing one element management system with its Web Client running
on Tomcat in a solaris box. It was observed that tomcat server process is
getting killed automatically. We checked the log files. The whole sequence
is just like when undeploying the war file, but without anybody actually
performing that. But here the the tomcat process itself is getting killed.

We are using Tomcat version 5.5.12 and JDK 1.4.2_12-b03

H/W details : Sunfire V440 server with dual CPU & 4 GB memory

Log file details:

tomcat.log
===========

[2007-03-16 14:47:36,260] - {INFO } -
webclient.controller.ControllerServletControllerServlet : destroy
called

webclient.log
==============

Pushlet[INFO] destroy(): Exit Pushlet webapp
Pushlet[INFO] Stopping 0 EventSources...
Pushlet[INFO] EventSources stopped
Pushlet[INFO] Dispatcher stopped: broadcast abort to all subscribers
Pushlet[INFO] SessionManager: Thu Mar 29 23:30:58 CEST 2007 stopped

localhost.2007-03-29.log
======================-==

Mar 29, 2007 11:30:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextlistenerStop
SEVERE: Exception sending context destroyed event to listener instance of
class
webclient.servlet.listeners.ContextListener
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at webclient.servlet.listeners.ContextListener.unRegisterService(
ContextListener.java:37)
 at webclient.servlet.listeners.ContextListener.contextDestroyed(
ContextListener.java:28)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(
StandardContext.java:3733)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:4306)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.removeChild(ContainerBase.java
:892)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.undeployApps(HostConfig.java
:1159)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.stop(HostConfig.java:1131)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:312)
 at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(
LifecycleSupport.java:119)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.java:1053)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.java:1065)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.stop(StandardEngine.java:447)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardService.java:512)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:714)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:586)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina$CatalinaShutdownHook.run(
Catalina.java:629)

Any idea why?

Thanks

Re: tomcat process getting killed... Please Help...

Posted by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com>.

> We are using Tomcat version 5.5.12 and JDK 1.4.2_12-b03

Just a shot from the hip, but I guess, that's you're problem. Tomcat
5.5 need JDK 1.5 and up, or you'll have to download and install the
JDK 1.4 Compatability Package from
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-55.cgi

Cheers

Greg
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2