Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Carlos Ramirez <ra...@roses.bna.boeing.com> on 2000/07/28 21:06:02 UTC

[OT]: Apache not logging 500 Status Code in access_log

I recently discovered in my access log, that 500 status codes are not
being logged.  However,
the server does return the appropriate status code message (both custom
and generic). Does
anyone know what might be causing this? (aside from
upgrading...currently time does not permit)

here is a sample entry:
server.com - - [28/Jul/2000:11:38:05 -0700] "GET /cgi-bin/myscript.pl
HTTP/1.0" - 620

Notice: the status field contains '-', but the the browser gets the 500
Internal Server Error message??

I have my LogLevel set to notice and am running Apache 1.3.9 on a UNIX
system.

Thanks,

Carlos

 Carlos Ramirez  +  Boeing  +  Reusable Space Systems  +  714.372.4181