Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Kyle Schmitt <ky...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/19 20:42:04 UTC

Variable substitution for post/get variable names?

Is it possible to do variable substitution for post/get variable names?

That is I have an http sampler, and it passes this query string for example:
GENERATED_LINK_NAME.x=10&GENERATED_LINK_NAME.y=7

I'm using a regex extractor to grab the name of that varible (in this
odd case the value the variable is passed is irrelevant) so I'd like
to pass the query string
${myregexextractedvariable}.x=10&${myregexextractedvariable}.y=7

So.. is it possible?

--Kyle

Re: Variable substitution for post/get variable names?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
There are a few places where variables are not supported - I'm not
clear exactly where you have used the variable...

Posted by Kyle Schmitt <ky...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
If the variable name has not been replaced it means that the variable
has not been defined.

Posted by git <gi...@cubicalland.com>.
Dood,

Sorry - I did misunderstand you there.

I've never tried substituting the name.

Sebbaz says it should work.  If it does not, then I guess that is a bug.
If that is the case you could try putting the variable into the URL by
hand - but that would be messy.

www.blar.com/blar.html?${myVar}=blar

Cheers

AJ

www.cubicalland.com
www.nerds-central.blogspot.com

Re: Variable substitution for post/get variable names?

Posted by git <gi...@cubicalland.com>.
Yes,

If you look at the bottom half of the article
http://nerds-central.blogspot.com/2006/08/pushing-envelope-with-jmeter.html
it shows how to do it, with pictures...

Cheers

AJ