Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> on 2019/09/15 03:46:54 UTC

James Database Import

This is a bit off-topic... more of a database question... but it IS
about the James database.  Hopefully somebody understands the James
schema details enough to recognize the errors below and explain why the
import is failing.  I posted this in the AWS RDS forum.  But no help
there so far.... I may have to write a best-selling novel about my saga
of getting James migrated to Amazon... if I ever actually succeed... :-(

I have an 80GB mySQLDump file containing an Apache JAMES mail database.
I am currently on a Windows server (mySQL 5.7.21). The dump file was
generated from that server. Just to test the file, I round-tripped it
back into the same mysql server with no errors. But I've been trying for
a week to get it loaded into an Amazon RDS. I've tried both mySQL and
aurora instances. I've tried small instances and large instances. I get
the same errors. Since the errors relate to foreign keys, I tried
turning off foreign key checking, and STILL got the errors. I'm
completely stuck. The fact that it reads successfully into a windows
mysql 5.7.21 and won't read into an RDS mysql 5.7.22 completely baffles
me. Here are a few lines from the output. It repeats this way until I
stop it:

Thx
Jerry

Log:
ERROR 1452 (23000): Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key
constraint fails (`mail3x`.`james_mail`, CONSTRAINT `james_mail_ibfk_1`
FOREIGN KEY (`MAILBOX_ID`) REFERENCES `james_mailbox` (`MAILBOX_ID`) ON
DELETE CASCADE)
ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL server has gone away
No connection. Trying to reconnect...
Connection id: 628
Current database: mail3x

ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL server has gone away
No connection. Trying to reconnect...
Connection id: 629
Current database: mail3x

ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL server has gone away
ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL server has gone away
No connection. Trying to reconnect...
Connection id: 630
Current database: mail3x

Re: James Database Import

Posted by Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com>.
Absolutely... will do.  If I survive.... :-)

Re: James Database Import

Posted by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org>.
Nice,

Re: James Database Import