Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/10 14:37:40 UTC

Hadoop Client on OSGi

All,

I would like to gauge the what the level of interest might be in having a
version of the Hadoop client running as an OSGi bundle.  I for one would
like to use such a thing.  There have been inquiries as to putting the
whole Hadoop shooting match in OSGi.  I'm talking here about just the
client.

Some one has done what I'm talking about. You can check out Jean-Baptiste
Onofre Blog<http://blog.nanthrax.net/2013/07/apache-hadoop-and-karaf-article-1-karaf-as-hdfs-client/>.
But
said effort was done for Hadoop 3.0 and I need something for 2.3.0,
 Nevertheless, I was able to draw inspiration from JB's good effort.  My
need is sufficiently great that I could be persuaded to take the task on.

What is the level of interest?  Does anyone else share my need?
--
There are ways and there are ways,

Geoffry Roberts

Re: Hadoop Client on OSGi

Posted by jb...@nanthrax.net.
You can take a look on the SMX bundle that I did:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/bundles/trunk/hadoop-client-2.3.0/pom.xml

You will see the "bundle embedded" dependencies, or the import package
to other bundles.

Regards
JB

Re: Hadoop Client on OSGi