Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by al...@eiskonzept.com on 2004/03/23 10:34:20 UTC

Exception Handling

Hello,

I have "de.eis.ws.axis.WSException extends RemoteException" class on server
side.
Via Java2WSDL & WSDL2Java was generated "de.eis.ws.axis.WSException extends
AxisFault" for a client side.
When the Exception is triggered on the server side, a client receives the
following XML stream:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

   <soapenv:Body>
    <soapenv:Fault>
     <faultstring>de.eis.ws.axis.WSException</faultstring>
     <detail>
      <de.eis.ws.axis.WSException xsi:type="ns1:WSException"
xmlns:ns1="http://axis.ws.eis.de">
       <message xsi:type="xsd:string" xsi:nil="true"/>
      </de.eis.ws.axis.WSException>
     </detail>
    </soapenv:Fault>
   </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>

Axis deserialize this Stream to an AxisFault.
Is there a way to deserialize this Stream to "de.eis.ws.axis.WSException
extends AxisFault" class,
which was generated via WSDL2Java?

Thanks in advance,
Alex.

Re: Exception Handling

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
alexander@eiskonzept.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have "de.eis.ws.axis.WSException extends RemoteException" class on server
> side.
> Via Java2WSDL & WSDL2Java was generated "de.eis.ws.axis.WSException extends
> AxisFault" for a client side.
> When the Exception is triggered on the server side, a client receives the
> following XML stream:
>
>   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>   <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
>
>     xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>    <soapenv:Body>
>     <soapenv:Fault>
>      <faultcode>soapenv:Server.userException</faultcode>
>      <faultstring>de.eis.ws.axis.WSException</faultstring>
>      <detail>
>       <de.eis.ws.axis.WSException xsi:type="ns1:WSException"
> xmlns:ns1="http://axis.ws.eis.de">
>        <message xsi:type="xsd:string" xsi:nil="true"/>
>       </de.eis.ws.axis.WSException>
>      </detail>
>     </soapenv:Fault>
>    </soapenv:Body>
>   </soapenv:Envelope>
>
> Axis deserialize this Stream to an AxisFault.
> Is there a way to deserialize this Stream to "de.eis.ws.axis.WSException
> extends AxisFault" class,
> which was generated via WSDL2Java?

In theory, Axis should follow the exception marshalling behaviour of
JAX-RPC. If this is not happening, then we have a bug.