Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/27 11:05:31 UTC

2.x continuum build fails due to jaxws pom.xml

The continuum build of the 2.x code is failing [1] due to the jaxws
bad pom.xml in the maven repository issue described in [2], and we've
had users hit the same problem as well so it would be really nice to
find a way to fix or work around it.  I wondered if a workaround could
be to publish the fixed up pom.xml's and jars in the Tuscany svn
repository we have at [3] using a new tuscany specific groupid, can
anyone see and issues with doing that, or anyone have any other ideas
about how we could fix this?

   ...ant

[1] http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/buildResult.action?buildId=174362&projectId=2214&projectGroupId=19
[2]  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tuscany-dev/200802.mbox/%3C75283B3766D4410C96D3A877429F0D08@rfengt60p%3E
[3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/maven/

Re: 2.x continuum build fails due to jaxws pom.xml

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I was trying two possible fixes (workarounds) yesterday.

1) Add jsr181 as an explicit dependency in addition to jaxws-api (the
problematic pom is missing the transitive dependencies)
2) Reference jaxws-api-2.1-1 instead of jaxws-api-2.1. It breaks our
maven-eclipse-compiler and I fixed the issue in the
maven-plugins/trunk/maven-eclipse-compiler.

I have checked in the change for 1) into 2.x. Let me fire off a build to see
if it helps.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
snip...

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:05 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The continuum build of the 2.x code is failing [1] due to the jaxws
> bad pom.xml in the maven repository issue described in [2], and we've
> had users hit the same problem as well so it would be really nice to
> find a way to fix or work around it.  I wondered if a workaround could
> be to publish the fixed up pom.xml's and jars in the Tuscany svn
> repository we have at [3] using a new tuscany specific groupid, can
> anyone see and issues with doing that, or anyone have any other ideas
> about how we could fix this?
>
>   ...ant
>
> [1] http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/buildResult.action?buildId=174362&projectId=2214&projectGroupId=19
> [2]  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tuscany-dev/200802.mbox/%3C75283B3766D4410C96D3A877429F0D08@rfengt60p%3E
> [3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/maven/

Same problem is breaking the 1.x continuum build now as well.

   ...ant