Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Navin Budhiraja <Na...@augmentum.com> on 2004/01/20 09:15:55 UTC

Return message having two parts

Axis does not seem to be able to handle a return message that has two
parts e.g.

<message name="GetLatLongSoapIn">

    <part name="parameters" element="s0:GetLatLong" />

</message>

<message name="GetLatLongSoapOut">

    <part name="parameters1" element="s0:GetLatLongResponse1" />

    <part name="parameters2" element="s0:GetLatLongResponse" />

 </message>

<portType name="Zip2GeoSoap">

    <operation name="GetLatLong">

      <input message="s0:GetLatLongSoapIn" />

      <output message="s0:GetLatLongSoapOut" />

    </operation>

 </portType>

If I generate a WSDD using WSDL2Java and deploy the corresponding
descriptor, then the WSDL of the corresponding service (got using ?WSDL)
looks as follows:

  <message name="getLatLongRequest">

    <part element="impl:GetLatLong" name="parameters"/>

  </message>

  <message name="getLatLongResponse">

    <part element="impl:GetLatLongResponse" name="parameters"/>

  </message>

Does anyone know what is the issue here?

-thanks

-Navin

RE: Return message having two parts

Posted by "Timothy M. Spear" <ts...@tangiblesoftware.com>.
I got this to work with one caveat. The same number of SOAP Body parts sent
is the number which must be returned. Theerfore, make sure your request
includes two SOAP Body Parts.