Posted to volunteer@openoffice.apache.org by M B <mo...@outlook.com> on 2022/09/19 03:44:45 UTC

Hi!

Hi Team,

This is Biku and I am  looking forward to be part of  your team and willing to contribute to the best of  my abilities.

I got an experience of 15+ years in developing software applications in C++ ( 6.0 to 17) .

I am from Vermont, US .

Can you guide me, how do I get to started.

Thanks,
Biku.

Re: Hi!

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Biku,

Welcome to the project.

We appreciate your interest.

Apache OpenOffice is a complex codebase. It takes time to learn your way
around.
Feel free to ask questions on the developer dev@ list. Please be patient
as we are all volunteers here.

As a developer you should learn to build the office from source [1].

You can find our priority issues in our Bugzilla instance here [2].
AOO Architecture is described here [3].

On our project site we have an orientation section to review [4].

[1] https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
(on the Bottom OS based guides)
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Blocker+issues+4.2.0