Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by leonard flournoy <le...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/30 21:45:05 UTC

A few questions

1) Is it possible to change the version of tomcat ?

2) Is it possible to specify the parser that geronio uses by default ?

3) How do you configre Geronimo to use a single class loader when loading
ear files?

4) Does Geronimo offer a service simular to JBoss's SystemPropertiesService
which allows users to access system properties.

Thanks in advance!

Re: A few questions

Posted by leonard flournoy <le...@gmail.com>.
On 3/30/07, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2007, at 12:45 PM, leonard flournoy wrote:
>
> The answers may depend on the geronimo version you are using.  I'll
> assume you are bleeding edge and using 2.0 :-)
>
> > 1) Is it possible to change the version of tomcat ?
>
> You should be able to just put the version of tomcat you want in the
> geronimo repo (at the appropriate location, e.g. repository/org/
> apache/tomcat/catalina/6.0.12/catalina-6.0.12.jar).  If you want to
> downgrade tomcat you will need to remove the tomcat jars that are
> already present.
>
> This will work as long as the version is not specified in the
> dependency on tomcat jars in the geronimo-dependencies.xml file in
> the geronimo-tomcat jar.  If your version of geronimo happens to
> mistakenly have versions there, you'd have to rebuild g. with the
> tomcat version you want specified.
> >
> > 2) Is it possible to specify the parser that geronio uses by default ?
>
> xml parser?  Isn't this specified by a system property?  I think
> you'll need to put the jaxp jars you want in lib/endorsed to get them
> appropriately on the classpath and I think you'll need to specify the
> property on the command line rather than with the SystemProperties
> gbean.... that would probably be too late.
> >

> 3) How do you configre Geronimo to use a single class loader when
>
> don't let any wars in the ear? :-)  all ejb and connector modules in
> an ear currently share a classloader.  Each war gets a child
> classloader, and there's not way to change that.  What exactly are
> you trying to do?
>

> > 4) Does Geronimo offer a service simular to JBoss's
> > SystemPropertiesService which allows users to access system
> > properties.
>
> can you explain this service?  i thought users could use
> System.getProperty().....  We do have a SystemProperties gbean, maybe
> that is similar?

Thanks for the information, they were just general questions that I couldn't
find answers to.

I've  taken a look a the SystemProperties GBean and this will work. Thanks

thanks

-

Re: A few questions

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.