Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Karol Szkudlarek <ka...@mikronika.com.pl> on 2005/05/10 13:31:43 UTC

Difficult message to translate

Hi!

Please explain me what means the following Subversion message:

#: libsvn_fs_base/bdb/copies-table.c:130
msgid "bumping next copy key"

Regards,
Karol

Re: Difficult message to translate

Posted by Karol Szkudlarek <ka...@mikronika.com.pl>.
C. Michael Pilato wrote:
> Karol Szkudlarek <ka...@mikronika.com.pl> writes:
>

>>Hi!
>>
>>Please explain me what means the following Subversion message:
>>
>>#: libsvn_fs_base/bdb/copies-table.c:130
>>msgid "bumping next copy key"
>

> In our BDB backend, the 'copies' database table uses unique primary
> keys, integers in base-36.  There is one exception -- a row whose key
> is 'next-key', and whose value is the base-36 integer we will use as
> the primary key of the next row added to the table.  Each time a new
> row is added to the table, we "bump" (which essentially means
> "increment by 1") the value of the 'next-key' key.

Thank you for explantation. I understand now and commited the Polish
translation for it.

Re: Difficult message to translate

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.