Posted to users@royale.apache.org by hferreira <hf...@solidsoft.pt> on 2018/11/17 23:31:23 UTC

Re: Apache Royale Debugging news

How to add that cool debug toolbar to VS Code solution ?
Currently I have to do cmd + shift + p (macOS) to do a build-debug and then
I have to open the folder and then open the file on my browser.
I would like to:
1. Add that same toolbar
2. If possible when build, automatically open the index.html on the debug
browser.

Re: Apache Royale Debugging news

Posted by hferreira <hf...@solidsoft.pt>.
Hi Carlos,

Thank you very match.
It worked for me.

Re: Apache Royale Debugging news

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Hugo,

maybe you don't have installed "Debugger for Chrome" by Microsoft? (there's
as well "Debugger for Firefox" from Holger Beni)
then in debug panel CMD+SHIFT+D you can click in the green button

in your project you need to have in .vscode/launch.json something like this

{
"version": "0.2.0",
"configurations": [
{
"name": "Launch Chrome against debug, with sourcemaps",
"type": "chrome",
"request": "launch",
"url": "http://localhost:8080/webapp/javascript/bin/js-debug/index.html",
// "file": "${workspaceRoot}/target/javascript/bin/js-debug/index.html",
"sourceMaps": true,
"webRoot": "${workspaceRoot}/../../../webapp/src/main/webapp"
//, "preLaunchTask": "mvn"
}
]
}

More things and many useful info here in AS3 extension in GitHub:

https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-as3mxml/wiki/Debug-a-transpiled-ActionScript-project-in-Visual-Studio-Code-with-Google-Chrome

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira