Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Bob Corsaro <rc...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/20 15:59:21 UTC

Web UI Links

I'm running a spark cluster and I'd like to access the Spark-UI from
outside the LAN. The problem is all the links are to internal IP addresses.
Is there anyway to config hostnames for each of the hosts in the cluster
and use those for the links?

Re: Web UI Links

Posted by Bob Corsaro <rc...@gmail.com>.
I figured this out after spelunking the UI code a little. The trick is to
set the SPARK_PUBLIC_DNS environmental variable to the public DNS name of
each server in the cluster, per node. I'm running in standalone mode, so it
was just a matter of adding the setting to spark-env.sh.