Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Eric Dofonsou <ew...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/14 16:22:05 UTC

Error when using the new servicemix-http component with a WS in JBoss.

Hello, I've been trying without success to use the new
service-http component to connect to external web
service hosted in JBOSS.  Below is the content of my
servicemix.xml file :
-----------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<beans
xmlns:sm="http://servicemix.apache.org/config/1.0"

xmlns:http="http://servicemix.apache.org/http/1.0"
       xmlns:demo="urn:servicemix:soap-binding">

	<classpath>
		<location>.</location>
 	</classpath>

 	<sm:container id="jbi" useMBeanServer="true"
  		createMBeanServer="true"
  		dumpStats="true"
  		statsInterval="10">

		<sm:activationSpecs>
			<sm:activationSpec>
	      		<sm:component>
    	        	<http:component>
        	    		<http:endpoints>
							<http:endpoint service="demo:simple-service"
								endpoint="simple-service"
				               	role="provider"

locationURI="http://localhost:8080/Global%20Project/services/Echo"

defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
								soapVersion="1.1"
			                 	soap="true" />
						</http:endpoints>
					</http:component>
				</sm:component>
			</sm:activationSpec>

			<sm:activationSpec>
	      		<sm:component>
    	        	<http:component>
        	    		<http:endpoints>
							<http:endpoint service="demo:simple-service"
								endpoint="simple-service"
				               	role="consumer"

locationURI="http://localhost:8192/Service/"

defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
								soapVersion="1.1"
			                 	soap="true" />
						</http:endpoints>
					</http:component>
				</sm:component>
			</sm:activationSpec>
	    </sm:activationSpecs>

    </sm:container>
</beans>
--------------

What it essentially does is have a consumer that
creates an endpoint on the bus
(http://http://localhost:8192/Service/) and a provider
that points to the web service
(http://localhost:8080/Global%20Project/services/Echo).

Everytime I trie to send a message I get the following
exception in jboss :
-----------
10:14:42,611 INFO  [ServiceBean] Exposing SOAP v.1.1
service with name Echo
10:14:42,767 ERROR [DefaultEndpoint] Fault occurred!
org.codehaus.xfire.XFireRuntimeException: Error
parsing document.. Nested exception is
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException: Unexpected EOF in
attribute value at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,396]
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException: Unexpected EOF in
attribute value at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,396]
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwUnexpectedEOF(StreamScanner.java:500)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.loadMore(StreamScanner.java:893)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.getNextChar(StreamScanner.java:588)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.WstxStreamReader.parseNormalizedAttrValue(WstxStreamReader.java:1782)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.WstxStreamReader.handleNsAttrs(WstxStreamReader.java:2599)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.WstxStreamReader.handleStartElem(WstxStreamReader.java:2507)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.WstxStreamReader.nextFromTree(WstxStreamReader.java:2431)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.WstxStreamReader.next(WstxStreamReader.java:949)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.util.stax.DepthXMLStreamReader.next(DepthXMLStreamReader.java:258)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.soap.handler.SoapBodyHandler.invoke(SoapBodyHandler.java:39)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.handler.HandlerPipeline.invoke(HandlerPipeline.java:97)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.DefaultEndpoint.onReceive(DefaultEndpoint.java:57)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.AbstractChannel.receive(AbstractChannel.java:38)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletController.invoke(XFireServletController.java:240)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletController.doService(XFireServletController.java:109)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServlet.doPost(XFireServlet.java:90)
        at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

----------
When I commnicate directly with the web service using
SOAPUI it works fine.  So think the problem might be
with the way servicemix uses httpclient to communicate
with the web service in JBOSS.  Has anyone tried to
use the new endpoint to communicate with web services
in jboss ?

By the way when I run it in debug and check the
content of the NMR that is received by the provider
just before it is transfered to the web it is valide
and complete.

Anyway help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Error when using the new servicemix-http component with a WS in JBoss.

Posted by Eric Dofonsou <ew...@yahoo.com>.
I can't raise a Jira I get a 502 Proxy error when
trying to create the JIRA.  Anyway Here is the content
I wanted to put in the Jira :
-----
This bug is related to how servicemix handles the
headers. Right now the ProviderProcessor copies EVERY
headers values from the NMR to the HTTP request.  This
becomes an issue if you have Content-Length header in
your request.  Since the message is reformated to be
soap complient the content length changes and
servicemix does not update the Content-Length
accordingly if just copies the previous value.

Here is a diff of the patch I applied to fixed this.
---------
105d104
<         method.setRequestHeader(new
Header("Content-Length",
String.valueOf(method.getRequestEntity().getContentLength())));
---------
I've included a corrected version of the file as
attachement
---------
Check attachement in email.

--- Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > >         at

com.ctc.wstx.sr.WstxStreamReader.parseNormalizedAttrValue(
> > WstxStreamReader.java:1782)
> > >         at

com.ctc.wstx.sr.WstxStreamReader.handleNsAttrs(WstxStreamReader.java:2599)
> > >         at

com.ctc.wstx.sr.WstxStreamReader.handleStartElem(WstxStreamReader.java
> > :2507)
> > >         at

com.ctc.wstx.sr.WstxStreamReader.nextFromTree(WstxStreamReader.java:2431)
> > >         at

com.ctc.wstx.sr.WstxStreamReader.next(WstxStreamReader.java:949)
> > >         at

org.codehaus.xfire.util.stax.DepthXMLStreamReader.next(
> > DepthXMLStreamReader.java:258)
> > >         at

org.codehaus.xfire.soap.handler.SoapBodyHandler.invoke(

=== message truncated ===

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sure, raise a jira.

Posted by Eric Dofonsou <ew...@yahoo.com>.